Paper – II
1. General Medicine: Etiology, clinical features, diagnosis and principles of management (including prevention) of: – Tetanus, Rabies, AIDS, Dengue, Kala-azar, Japanese Encephalitis. Etiology, clinical features, diagnosis and principles of management of: Ischaemic heart disease, pulmonary embolism. Bronchial asthma. Pleural effusion, tuberculosis, Malabsorption syndromes, acid peptic diseases, Viral hepatitis and cirrhosis of liver. Glomerulonerphritis and pyelonephritis, renal failure, nephrotic syndrome, renovascular hypertension, complications of diabetes mellitus, coagulation disorders, leukemia, Hypo and hyper thyrodism, meningitis and encephalitis. Imaging in medical problems, ultrasound, echocardiogram, CT scan, MRI. Anxiety and Depressive Psychosis and schizophrenia and ECT.
2. Pediatrics: Immunization, Baby friendly hospital, congenital cyanotic heart disease, respiratory distress syndrome, broncho – pneumonias, kernicterus. IMNCI classification and management, PEM grading and management. ARI and Diarrhea of under five and their management.
3. Dermatology: Psoriasis, Allergic dermatitis, scabies, eczema, vitiligo, Stevan Johnson’s syndrome, Lichen Planus.
4. General Surgery: Clinical features, causes, diagnosis and principles of management of cleft palate, harelip. Laryngeal tumor, oral and esophageal tumors. Peripheral arterial diseases, varicose veins, coarctation of aorta Tumors of Thyroid, Adrenal Glands Abscess, cancer, fibroadenoma and adenosis of breast. Bleeding peptic ulcer, tuberculosis of bowel, ulcerative colitis, cancer stomach. Renal mass,cancer Prostate.. Haemothorax, stones of Gall bladder, Kidney, Ureter and Urinary Bladder. Management of surgical conditions of Rectum, Anus and Anal canal, Gall bladder and Bile ducts Splenomegaly, cholecystitis, portal hypertension, liver abscess, peritonitis, carcinoma head of pancreas. Fractures of spine, Colles’ fracture and bone tumors. Endoscopy Laprascopic Surgery.
5. Obstetrics and Gynaecology including Family Planning: Diagnosis of pregnancy. Labour management, complications of 3rd stage, Antepartum and postpartum hemorrhage, resuscitation of the newborn, Management of abnormal lie and difficult labour, Management of small for date or premature newborn. Diagnosis and management of anemia. Preeclampsia and Toxaemias of pregnancy, Management of Post menopausal Syndrome. Intra-uterine devices, pills, tubectomy and vasectomy. Medical termination of pregnancy including legal aspects. Cancer cervix. Leucorrhoea, pelvic pain, infertility, dysfunctional uterine bleeding (DUB), amenorrhoea, Fibroid and prolapse of uterus.
6. Community Medicine (Preventive and Social Medicine): Principles, methods, approach and measurements of Epidemiology Nutrition, nutritional diseases / disorders & Nutrition Programmes. Health information Collection, Analysis and Presentation. Objectives, components and critical analysis of National programmes for control/ eradication of: Malaria, Kala-azar, Filaria and Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, STDs and Dengue Critical appraisal of Health care delivery system. Health management and administration: Techniques, Tools, Programme Implementation and Evaluation. Objective, Component, Goals and Status of Reproductive and Child Health, National Rural Health Mission and Millennium Development Goals Management of hospital and industrial waste.