The Examination shall comprise of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each.
1.General Studies (100 Questions)
2.Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) ( 80 Question)
- Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions).
- The CSAT aptitude test or Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) examination will be a qualifying paper only with a minimum of 33% to be secured to sit for the Civil Services (Mains) exam.
- The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English. However, questions
relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level will be tested through passages from English Language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question
- Each paper will be of two hours duration. Blind candidates will however, be allowed an extra time of twenty minutes for each paper.
- list of candidates to be qualified for Civil Service (Main) Examination based on the total qualifying marks as may be determined by the Commission, of the two papers put together.
- There will be negative marking for incorrect answers.
- For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- If a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happen to be correct and there will be same penalty as above for that question.
- If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is given by the candidate; there will be no penalty for that question.